----------------------------------------------- Google Site Map ----------------------------------------------- Cindy in ...: Chiang Mai: A Pool Day

Monday, November 20, 2006

Chiang Mai: A Pool Day

Pool day. What does that mean? If I got up in the morning (or afternoon) and put on a bathing suit, it's a pool day.

I eat breakfast in the guest house restaurant, next to the pool. I probably eat lunch there. I stay at the pool until I think I'm getting a bit red or until I am ready to move on to something else.

Sometimes I talk. The other day I spent a couple of hours talking to a Dutch man. His girlfriend wandered by once in a while to smear suntan lotion on his bald head.

Mostly, though, I read at the pool. I read at my breakfast table, I read on my lounge chair, I sit on the edge of the pool and read. I slide down to sit on the shelf that runs around the shallow end, and I read. I stand at the edge, with my book resting on the pool deck, my CocaCola Light perched beside it, and I read. I also float a lot, to add some variety to my routine.

That's a pool day.

No comments: