----------------------------------------------- Google Site Map ----------------------------------------------- Cindy in ...: Chiang Mai: The Weekend Walking Street(s)

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Chiang Mai: The Weekend Walking Street(s)


One Sunday I approached the blocked off area from one of the side streets. After I passed the car barriers, I found that one of the parking lots had been set up as a food court. I walked around taking pictures of stand after stand of wonderful, beautiful food, while the Thais laughed at how weird I was.












Custard in banana leaf moulds, bright green pastries, plates of beautifully arranged glazed fruit. Photography heaven. Unfortunately, I had succombed to hunger pangs an hour earlier, and could only manage a cup of strawberries. I'll plan better next weekend.

Walking street merchandise includes not just the expected craft items. Everyday things are for sale, too.

The streets get too crowded for me, and I leave early, usually. After a couple of times I stopped going, sure there would be nothing new to see. But then, when I went back, I had the camera out.

2 comments:

Tricksy Pixie said...

Wow. You are quite the traveler... living my secret dream ;) I enjoyed reading your blog and seeing all of your beautiful pictures in Thailand. I'm bookmarking your blog so I can keep up with the proxy vacations lol

Cindy said...

I'm glad you are enjoying it. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Every day I see something new in Chiang Mai. I never go anywhere without my camera because I just never know what will appear around the corner.