----------------------------------------------- Google Site Map ----------------------------------------------- Cindy in ...: Chiang Mai: The City

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Chiang Mai: The City














The old city in Chiang Mai is surrounded by a moat. The tourist center is inside the moat and between the east moat and the river. I am staying at the Top North Guest House, inside the moat, down a soi (lane).

The sois are crooked and narrow. I've gotten lost a couple of times getting back from Moon Muang, which is the road that runs along the eastern moat. I learned to turn off Moon Muang at the Hash House Harriers pub, only to have the big international meet end and all the signs disappear. So, after being here for over a week, I was still lost getting back to my hotel.

No comments: